Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sports Brief: A catch up

Hello and welcome once again to the Spectator's Review. 

Sorry I've been gone for so long, in short I had a lot of things happen in my life and it involve my beloved car and computer, but anyway let’s get on with some reviews on some things that have happened since I last wrote to you all.

Since my last posting a number of things have happened.  One the FIBA Americas tournament got off to a start and finish with the new Dream Team that did a hell of a lot better than the last couple of dream teams that we knew before.  I believe that its safe to say, the way in which we handled ourselves during the tournament, if we can keep it together for the upcoming year in Beijing we just might have a chance at taking the gold medal and no less. 

As far as the WNBA is concerned the Detroit Shock have once again dominated the regular season and are already in the WNBA Finals with a 1 game lead over the Phoenix Mercury.  It looks like this will be the test for the women to prove if offence does in fact sell tickets while defense wins championships. Only time (about 1 week) will tell.

 Also another key factor that I observed during the Labor Day weekend was the return of the IndyCar Racing and LeMans to Detroit.  Man that was something enjoyable to watch as the F1 cars raced around a new redone track at Belle Isle. 

Lastly the Detroit Tigers have been going through there usual "play good the first half of the season and suck the later part only to barley  pick it back up as the season raps up" trend.  In fact as I sit here in the lobby of Edwards hall and type this, I read that Granderson has just made history in getting 20 homers, 20 triples and 20 doubles.  Making him just the 6th person since 1900 to do that. 

Well to close this up, seeing as how this is the Sabbath, I would like to also state that, due to the new school year starting, I will have some more diverse sports topics to address as well as some personal things as well.  Starting on my new section "The Self Performance Review", there I will be addressing some person things in my life, things that will have you get to know me a little better.  Also I know that I've talked about more Detroit things then you probley car to hear about but like I said, school has started so look forward to some new things.  So until then,

I'm out, like Curtis Granderson's home run ball.

No comments: