Christmas
break didn't do much to help us out as far as a relationship goes. There is an old saying "Out of sight, out of
mind", that saying couldn't be any more true with me. I rarely got to see her from the jump
seeing as how we go to different schools and I don't have a car (I'll get back
to that point in a minuet), and now having to go back to our respective homes
just made it worse. Prompting this
downward spiral was a little incident that happened when I got back
to Huntsville a week or so before she did. I was supposed to be helping her with
some money that I had promised to give her, and wouldn't you know it, I
couldn't come through with it. Looking back on that
and what it turned into, with the running around and pay-day advances here and
there I look at that and see that it was clearly my fault that that situation escalated
the way it did. After that, she started looking at me
as some kind of unfortunate asset that she had unwillingly taken on and would
cause her grief.
During the last part
of my sophomore year, things between us settled then rose and settled then
rose. It was a back and forth see-saw motion. One that both I and her were getting
sick of. When school finally let out, most of
the stress was lifted away and it was a mutual feeling between the both of us
that we would work on our relationship during the summer. Unfortunately the fates had other
things in mind. I started working at General Motors
under the instruction of Mrs. Reeves and she started back at work at Cracker
Barrel and picked up a second job (as did I) late at nights. The phone calls became few and far
between, I kept promising her that I would try and make it down there so I
could at least spend a week or a weekend of the summer down at her house, but
nothing ever came of this. She started getting
upset with me over issues such as me "never wanting to help her with some
of the bills she had" and "never caring about her". It all came full force some time in the
middle of July when I mentioned to her that I was considering buying a watch,
bracelet, and chain set that was going for a good price from jeweler in Livonia. The reason I was telling her about it
was due to her constantly telling me that I need to dress better, and I thought
that it would help out with my image (plus I always kind of wanted a chain to
match my watch.) Anyway, she got really upset about this
and it was like all hell broke loose.
Look
for part 3 tomorrow.
Until
then,
I'm
out, like my patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment