Friday, May 18, 2007

The Pistons Advance / Fun at Hockey-Town Cafe

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to second edition of my playoff coverage of the Detroit Pistons.  As you all know, Detroit FINALLY put to an end the season for the Chicago Bulls.  I don't know where the rest of you  where watching but I was able to enjoy the festivities down at Hockey Town bar/Café, where an interesting arrange of black and white people can come together and enjoy sports.  Well it would be interesting to note that this is Hockey Town café, so it should be documented that majority of the people in there where cheering for the Red Wings (they had both games on at the same time).  I found myself in an interesting position, I found myself avidly cheering for the Wings.  Now I'm a person that supports all the Detroit Teams but I have never openly cheered for the Wings in public, but under the circumstances I really couldn't help it but cheer every time a goal was made or every time there was a power play or even a goalie save. 

Now, granted, I'm not the one to get overly hype, over something other than the pistons.  But that atmosphere was just electric, but I have digressed from my point, back to the pistons. 
I think, in personal terms along with the rest of the city of Detroit, that this series should have ended 4-1 instead of 4-2, but that's the problem that the pistons have with winning.  They have this thing where they think they can just flip the switch and that will be it, and unfortunately, that will be the death of us, as you saw in last years eastern conference finals.  So now that we've moved on from that I just hope that who ever we get, be it the cavs or the nets, that we play with focus and composer and that we hurries up and close out the series as soon as possible.  I know I personally don't want  a repeat of last year with the cavs, where they drove us to 7 games and with the nets, well there's not much to say on that if you know about how we use to loose to them every time in the eastern finals in years past.  So here's hoping that Flip can keep the pistons focus and on point, cause we're going to need it for the Finals

GO PISTONS!!!!!! 

No comments: